While the Center for Restorative Justice & Peacemaking has had both a national and international reach through the work of Dr. Mark Umbreit, it has more recently shifted some of its focus on supporting regional growth for restorative programming and practices. Specifically, this applies to Minnesota’s northeast, spanning from Pine County all the way north to Cook County, and from the Brainard area to Superior in northwestern Wisconsin.
Our current activities involve two main venues for support and learning.
- A monthly zoom meeting on the first Mondays of the month, noon to 1:00. A special thanks to our Carlton County partner Mallory Thorne for giving leadership to this gathering over the past year, and also to Chris Godsey who served in that role in the previous year. For more information, contact: [email protected]
- A twice-a-year in-person gathering in Duluth for a half day of coming together. These meetings are designed for information-sharing and learning, so that people who are beginning newer restorative efforts can receive supports and resources from others in the field. For more information, contact: [email protected]
Our regional partners include the following agencies and persons. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to be added to this list or to add more information about your work. We also recognize that other community leaders are already doing restorative work without using restorative terminology. Our network would love to learn more about you (as well as from you) and to have opportunities together for mutual support.
- St. Croix Valley Restorative Services (River Falls, WI)
- Lakes Area Restorative Justice Project (Brainard, MN)
- Northern Lights Community School (Warba, MN)
- River Bottom Resources (Kettle River, MN)
- Mickelson Consulting (Barnum, MN)
- Pine County Probation (Pine City, MN)
- Carlton County Restorative Justice Program (Carlton, MN)
- Men as Peacemakers (Duluth, MN)
- Cook County MN RJ Program (Grand Marais, MN)
- Moose Lake Correctional Facility (Moose Lake, MN)
- Northeastern Regional Corrections Center- NERCC (Elgin, MN)
- Conflict Resolution Center (Duluth, MN)
- Three Rivers Restorative Justice Program (Rochester, MN)
- Steve Borud- Probation Officer- St.Louis County
- Carl Crawford- Office of Human Rights, Duluth
- Chris Godsey- MN DOC Restorative Services for Victims
- Ted Lewis- Restorative Church- Workshops and facilitation
- Larraine Mickelson- Mickelson Consulting- Restorative Services for Workplace, Schools, Communities & Individuals
- Mary Skillings- Restorative Practices in Schools
- Don Struefert- Restorative Work in Prisons
- Lyle Wildes- Brain Research Specialist/ Facilitator
Please email [email protected] to be added to this list.