Internships with UMD’s Center for Restorative Justice and Peacemaking
We have 1 internship position available for Spring 2024.
The Internship can be taken for 3-6 credits; or as an Independent Study for 3 credits.
- Dependable and organized
- Good written communication skills
- Experience with (or able to learn) Zoom hosting features (e.g., breakout rooms, chats, screen sharing)
- Experience with (or able to learn) using FB/Instagram to promote the Center’s events
- Self-starter; can work independently
- You have taken the CRIM 3375: Restorative Justice class
- Interest in restorative justice, conflict resolution, or peacemaking as a career path
- Set up Zoom webinars and provide technical/moderator support for Zoom training sessions
- Complete Zoom training modules to learn hosting/moderation/technical controls
- Meet with trainers prior to each training to review agenda and moderation needs
- Provide technical/moderator support for Zoom training sessions
- Provide support for any in-person trainings or events
- Respond to email inquiries to our Center
- Help organize the Center’s video archive of RJ cases
- Provide support for any research, direct casework, or consulting services
- Help with social media and promotion of events
- Other duties as agreed upon by intern and supervisor
One of the excellent benefits of this internship is the opportunity to experience a full set of restorative justice trainings for free.